The Kean Theatre, 5847 Meridian Road, announces the lineup for its Tuesdays@2 and Wednesdays@1 free movie series for February 2013. There is no admission charge, but donations are accepted. Those who donate will be entered into a drawing for a special gift. Both the Tuesdays at 2 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1 p.m. movie series are sponsored by UPMC Health Plan. The February 2013 lineup includes:
- Feb. 5 – “The Rebound” (R) – In New York City, a single mom captivates her new neighbor, a much younger man. Starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Justin Bartha. Runs 1 hour and 34 minutes.
- Feb. 12 – “From Prada to Nada” (PG-13) – A Latina spin on Jane Austin’s “Sense and Sensibility,” where two spoiled sisters who have been left penniless after their father’s sudden death are forced to move in with their estranged aunt in East Los Angeles. Runs 1 hour and 47 minutes.
- Feb. 19 – “Beauty & the Briefcase” (TV-14) –A freelance writer looking for romance sells a story to Cosmopolitan Magazine about finding love in the workplace and goes undercover at a finance company. Starring Hilary Duff. Runs 1 hour and 26 minutes.
- Feb. 26 – “Take Me Home” (PG-13) –Soon after Thom starts operating as an illegal taxi driver in New York City, Claire hires him to drive her to California after her estranged father suffers a heart attack. Runs 1 hour and 36 minutes.
- Feb. 6 – “Casablanca” (NR) – Set in unoccupied Africa during the early days of World War II an American expatriate meets a former lover, with unforeseen complications. Starring Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman and Paul Henreid. Runs 1 hour and 42 minutes.
- Feb. 13 – “An Officer and a Gentleman” (R) –A young man must complete his work at a Navy Flight School to become an aviator, with the help of a tough gunnery sergeant and his new girlfriend. Starring Richard Gere and Debra Winger. Runs 2 hours and 4 minutes.
- Feb. 20 – “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” (NR) –A young New York socialite becomes interested in a young man who has moved into her apartment building. Starring Audrey Hepburn. Runs 1 hour and 55 minutes.
- Feb. 27 – “Shakespeare in Love” (R) –A young Shakespeare, out of ideas and short on cash, meets his ideal woman and is inspired to write one of his most famous plays. Starring Gwyneth Paltrow. Runs 2 hours and 3 minutes.
The Kean Theatre is open to the public and has built a reputation for its convenient location, free parking, quality entertainment and elegant setting. The theatre is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fund-raising arm of St. Barnabas Health System. St. Barnabas Health System includes St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas, The Arbors at St. Barnabas, The Village at St. Barnabas, The Woodlands at St. Barnabas, The Washington Place at St. Barnabas, White Tail Ridge, St. Barnabas Medical Center and Rudolph Auto Repair.