The Kean Theatre, 5847 Meridian Road, announces the lineup for its Tuesdays@2 and Wednesdays@1 free movie series for December 2012. There is no admission charge. Both the Tuesdays at 2 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1 p.m. movie series are sponsored by UPMC Health Plan. The December 2012 lineup includes:
- Dec. 4 – “Prometheus” (R) – A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. Runs 2 hours and 4 minutes.
- Dec. 11 – “Men in Black 3” (PG-13) – Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are back to fight off the aliens. This time Smith travels back in time to the beginning of Men in Black. Runs 1 hour and 46 minutes.
- Dec. 18 – “Scrooge” (G) –The musical retelling of Charles Dickens’ legendary tale. Albert Finney stars. Runs 1 hour and 53 minutes.
- Dec. 5 – “The Amazing Spiderman” (PG-13) – Peter Parker returns in this amazing fourth installment about the web slinger. Runs 2 hours and 16 minutes.
- Dec. 12 – “The Dark Knight Rises” (PG-13) –The Dark Knight returns to battle Bane and Catwomen. Filmed in Pittsburgh. Runs 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Dec. 19 – “Hollywood Christmas” (R) –A collection of clips from the great Christmas movies produced over the past half-century. A warm look back. Runs 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The Kean Theatre is open to the public and has built a reputation for its convenient location, free parking, quality entertainment and elegant setting. The theatre is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fund-raising arm of St. Barnabas Health System. St. Barnabas Health System includes St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas, The Arbors at St. Barnabas, The Village at St. Barnabas, The Woodlands at St. Barnabas, The Washington Place at St. Barnabas, White Tail Ridge, St. Barnabas Medical Center and Rudolph Auto Repair.
St. Barnabas Health System, Media Relations, 5850 Meridian Rd., Gibsonia, PA 15044-9667