FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FREE MOVIES IN AUGUST AT KEAN THEATRE
GIBSONIA, Pa. (Richland Twp.), July 24, 2012 – The Kean Theatre, 5847 Meridian Road, announces the lineup for its Tuesdays@2 and Wednesdays@1 free movie series for August 2012. There is no admission charge. Both the Tuesdays at 2 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1 p.m. movie series are sponsored by UPMC Health Plan. The August 2012 lineup includes:
- August 7 – “Act of Valor” (R) – A group of active-duty Navy SEALs star in this powerful story of contemporary global anti-terrorism with an unprecedented blend of real-life heroism and original filmmaking. Runs 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- August 14 – “Big Miracle” (PG) – Drew Barrymore stars in this heart-warming, true story about a small town’s campaign to save a family of gray whales trapped by rapidly forming ice in the Arctic Circle.Runs 1 hour and 47 minutes.
- August 21 – “The Vow” (PG-13) –A man works to win back the heart of his wife as she recovers from a coma and severe memory loss. Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum star. Runs 1 hour and 47 minutes.
- August 28 – “Wanderlust” (R) –Rattled by sudden unemployment, a Manhattan couple survey alternative living options and decide to live on a rural commune where free love rules. Jennifer Aniston stars.Runs 1 hour and 38 minutes.
- August 1 – “Safe House” (R) –A young CIA agent is tasked with looking after a fugitive in a safe house. Denzel Washington stars.Runs 1 hour and 55 minutes.
- August 8 – “Thin Ice” (R) –An insurance agent is blackmailed by a locksmith in the theft of a rare violin that belongs to a retired farmer.Runs 1 hour and 33 minutes.
- August 15 – “Joyful Noise” (PG-13) –A choir member faces off with the group’s newly appointed director as they head into a national competition. Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah star.Runs 1 hour and 58 minutes.
- August 22 – “Gone” (PG-13) –When her sister disappears, a woman is convinced the serial killer who kidnapped her two years ago has returned and sets out to once again find her abductor.Runs 1 hour and 34 minutes.
- August 29 – “Mirror, Mirror” (PG) –Julia Roberts stars as the evil queen in this clever retelling of the tale of Snow White. Runs 1 hour and 46 minutes.
The Kean Theatre is open to the public and has built a reputation for its convenient location, free parking, quality entertainment and elegant setting. The theatre is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fund-raising arm of St. Barnabas Health System. St. Barnabas Health System includes St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas, The Arbors at St. Barnabas, The Village at St. Barnabas, The Woodlands at St. Barnabas, The Washington Place at St. Barnabas, White Tail Ridge, St. Barnabas Medical Center and Rudolph Auto Repair.
St. Barnabas Health System, Media Relations, 5850 Meridian Rd., Gibsonia, PA 15044-9667