FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A new series of artist-led, creative reuse art workshops with sustainability in mind
PITTSBURGH, PA – July 2, 2019 – One of the magical qualities of art making is the possibility of creating something new out of any given material. With the shared interest in environmental and social impact, Contemporary Craft (CC) and Construction Junction (CJ) are partnering to present a series of hands-on art workshops focused on creative reuse. Offered on the second Saturday of each month, these art workshops — presented through the CC/CJ Partnership Program and led by exceptional local and regional artists — will support and promote recycling through the reuse of reclaimed objects and materials.
By holding the CC/CJ Partnership program workshops at Construction Junction (214 N Lexington Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15208), this partnership will extend CC’s creative studio programming to better serve residents and communities in surrounding neighborhoods like Homewood and Wilkinsburg, as well as introducing new artistic programming at CJ.
Upcoming CC/CJ Partnership schedule:
- July 13, 10 AM – 5 PM: Tin Can Collage with Robert Villamagna
- August 10, 10 AM – 5 PM: Handmade Paper Collage with Katy DeMent
- September 14, 10 AM – 5 PM: Beading with Ladder Stitch with Tammy Schweinhagen
- October 12, 10 AM – 1 PM: Unique Halloween Masks Inspired by Nature with Ann Rosenthal
- November 9: TBA
- December 14, 1 – 5 PM: Kreepy Doll Stocking Stuffers with Daniel Baxter
- January 11, 2020, 10 AM – 5 PM: The Diverse Art of Assemblage with Gerry Florida
- February 8, 2020, 10 AM – 5 PM: Block Printing with Valerie Lueth/Tugboat Printshop
- March 14, 2020: TBA
ABOUT CONTEMPORARY CRAFT
Presenting contemporary art in craft materials by regional, national, and international artists since 1971, CC offers cutting edge exhibitions focusing on multicultural diversity and art, as well as studio workshops, community outreach programs, and a retail store. For more information, visit www.contemporarycraft.org.
ABOUT CONSTRUCTION JUNCTION
Construction Junction’s mission is to support and promote conservation through the reuse of building materials. It accepts donations of used and surplus materials and sells them to new users. Offering materials at a fraction of the cost of new ones, CJ an environmental and social impact. For more information, visit www.cjreuse.org/.
# # #