FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Pittsburgh, PA – Fresh off its successful inaugural independent horror film festival in May, Horror Realm presents the Pennsylvania premiere of “Animal” at the Hollywood Theater Dormont on June 17 and 18 at 7:30 PM. The Hollywood is the only theater in Pennsylvania screening the film in this exclusive engagement.
“Animal” is the third theatrical film release from Chiller Films and the latest production from Flower Films, which was founded in 1995 by Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen. Both serve as executive producers on “Animal”. Flower Films has also produced cult film Donnie Darko, the screen version of Charlie’s Angels, and Never Been Kissed, among others.
When plans for a weekend vacation hit a dead end, a group of close-knit friends find themselves stranded in unfamiliar territory, pursued by a menacing predator. Holed up in an isolated cabin, tensions mount as long-buried secrets are revealed. As the body count rises, the group must put their differences aside and fight for survival.
Stars include Eve, Keke Palmer, Amaury Nolasco, Parker Young, Joey Lauren Adams, Elizabeth Gillies, Paul Iacono, Thorsten Kaye, and Jeremy Sumpter. Brett Simmons (The Monkey’s Paw) directs and the film was written by Thommy Hutson (Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy), who appeared at Horror Realm’s 2013 fall convention.
Tickets are available in advance at www.thehollywooddormont.org or at the box office on show nights. Prices are $8 for adults and $6 for seniors (65+) and students (with valid ID).
The Hollywood Theater is located at 1449 Potomac Avenue in Dormont. Free parking is available at metered spaces after 6 PM. The theater is located less than two blocks from the Potomac Avenue light rail transit stop.
Other upcoming events presented by Horror Realm as part of its Summer of Scares program are:
- Odorama – John Waters’ Polyester with special appearance by Mink Stole on June 21 at the Hollywood
- Annual Horror Fan Flea Market – July 26 at the Hollywood
- Horror Realm Weekend featuring a reunion of the lead actors of George Romero’s Day of the Dead (Joe Pilato, Terry Alexander, Lori Cardille, Gary Klar and Howard Sherman) plus original Addams Family cast members Lisa Loring and Felix Silla – August 15-17 at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South
For more information, please visit the following web sites:
- Animal – www.donotfeedtheanimal.com
- The Hollywood Theater – www.thehollywoodormont.org
- Horror Realm – www.horrorrealmcon.com.