FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Matt Otis and the Sound will visit unique venues with a mission of music rehabilitation on their six-date North American tour, which kicks off June 13, 2013 in Greensburg, PA.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – June 5, 2013 – On a six-day outreach tour kicking off June 13th, Matt Otis and the Sound will focus on promoting wellness by playing unique venues, like rehabilitation clinics, nursing homes, and cancer centers, across Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Matt Otis is an indie/acoustic singer-songwriter whose original tunes are an incredible collection of unique lyrics and unforgettable melodies filled with honesty, insight and emotion. Paired with his band The Sound, Otis once again dives into the realm music therapy. Members of The Sound include Sean Cogan on keyboard/vocals, Charlie McClanahan with the percussion and Johnny Bayush on violin/vocals. Otis is touring with his latest album “Life, Love Death,” which has been described by critics as “Undeniably Catchy and Thought-Provoking” (PA Music Scene).
- Thursday, June 13th @ Rialto Café (Greensburg, PA) 9:00 P.M.
- Friday, June 14th @ Gateway Drug Rehab Center (Pittsburgh, PA) 1:00 P.M.
- Friday, June 14th @ House Show (Pittsburgh, PA) @ 7:00 P.M.
- Saturday, June 15th @ Nursing Home (Erie, PA)
- Saturday, June 15th @ Edinboro Lake Resort (Edinboro, PA)
- Sunday, June 16th @ Pittsburgh’s Gay Pride Festival (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Monday, June 17th @ Seidman Cancer Center (Cleveland, OH) 1:00-3:00 P.M
- Monday, June 17th @ the Purple Haze (Burea, OH) 7:00 P.M
- Tuesday, June 18th @ the Cleveland Cancer Clinic (Cleveland, OH) 12:00
A recent song Matt Otis and The Sound did at a Mental Health Mental Rehabilitation Gathering where various individuals who recovered came to speak about their struggles and recoveries:
Matt Otis and the Sound “Darkness” www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk89azPhxg
Otis’ music can be found on all major digital retail sites and interactive stations and is slated for more releases late this quarter and for the remainder of the year. Follow Matt Otis as he embarks on his music therapy tour.
Earlier this week Matt Otis and The Sound teamed with the Everett High School chorus to make a music video of a song Otis had composed. The video raised over $800 for relief for tornado victims with the idea of promoting the necessity of keeping the arts alive in public schools. youtu.be/l05vcYIrtd0
“… Otis creates refreshingly original music that entwines unique rhythms with heartfelt and soul-filled lyrics…. his love of life, the human race, and music are magnificently captured within his live performances and studio recordings…” (Tim C. Reviews)
For review or interview requests, please contact Matt Otis at (814) 285-1218.
Megan Lynn Browning