PITTSBURGH, PA…. I Made It! Market, the city’s nomadic indie craft marketplace, will pop into Bakery Square for our sixth annual I Made It! for the Holidays event. This year’s event features more than 90 local artisans selling all handmade wares. Shoppers can meet and talk with the artists who are our neighbors throughout the Pittsburgh region on Friday, November 30 from 5 pm – 10 pm and Saturday, December 1 from 11 am – 6 pm.
Friday’s festivities include the lighting of Bakery Square’s building in red to acknowledge World AIDS Awareness Day by the Delta Foundation. On Saturday, a pop up beer garden will be hosted by TAPPED and Santa will be on site to pose for pictures.
Last year I Made It! Market welcomed 7,000 shoppers over the two-day event. This year’s artists will include a diverse mixture of goods including ceramics, housewares, jewelry, clothing, bath and body products, giftware, prints, letterpress, sweet treats, plush, children’s items and much more.
This pop up marketplace offers shoppers the opportunity to shop for all of their holiday needs in one space, choosing handmade and local offerings. The makers will be on hand to share their passion for creating unique products and will often work with customers to produce custom orders just in time for the holidays.
Each purchase made at I Made It! Market benefits our local micro economy by supporting an artist from our region who is able to continue to make a living through their art, some even sourcing their materials locally. Additionally, many I Made It! artists utilize repurposed or recycled materials in the creation of new ones including plush, clothing, jewelry, accessories, and more.
I Made It! Market is also proud to announce our Ultimate Artist Sponsors including:
- Bel Monili: Lucy McClure is making a name for herself in the handmade world bringing vintage styled jewelry created with repurposed materials. imadeitmarket.com/bel-monili/
- Erra Creations: Nicole Bloch repurposes articles, mostly from bicycles, into one of a kind jewery and wearable art. imadeitmarket.com/erra-creations/
- Una Biologicals: Jessica Graves is passionate about her ingredients. She has your health and wellness in mind as she creates luxury bath and body products. imadeitmarket.com/una-biologicals/
- Whimsical Wonders: Melissa and Lew McCabe provide discarded silverware with a new life as jewelry, beautifully crafted wind chimes and accessories like fork moustaches. imadeitmarket.com/whimsical-wonders/
- WRRYFree Skin Care: William Reynolds offers skin care that is safe and natural with products for the entire family. imadeitmarket.com/wrryfree-skin-care/
We thank our Ultimate Artists Sponsors and the I Made It! Market Event sponsors include: Bakery Square, City Paper, Cotton Factory, Green Light Wireless, MailChimp, Outright, Port Authority, Quiet Storm, Revive Marketing Group, SouthSide Works, Square, and 82 Concepts. And thank you to our Ultimate Artist Sponsors: Bel Monili, Erra Creations, Creative Customology, Junxtaposition, Luna Jaze, Rockyn Robyn, SMD Jewelry, Una Biologicals, Whimsical Wonders and WRRYFree Skin Care.
The I Made It! Market creates events with a two-fold mission in mind: to provide the opportunity for regional craftspeople to establish small businesses and to partner with non-profit, arts, and community groups to raise awareness and financial assistance for their causes.
- Partner with IMI!: For more information including sponsorship and partnerships, or to vend at a future I Made It! Market event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access a listing of all participating artists: imadeitmarket.com/i-made-it-for-the-holidays-2012-2/
- Find our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/imadeitmarket
- Our Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/events/117011748449077
- And find us on Twitter @imadeitmarket