Pittsburgh, PA – May 22, 2012 – Horror Realm, Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention, returns for the fourth time to the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South on September 21-23, 2012.
The guest list for the fall show features stars making their first Pittsburgh convention appearance, rare and first time convention guests and returning favorites, including:
- Sid Haig – actor who has appeared in numerous films and television shows. Besides his roles in “Foxy Brown” and “Diamonds Are Forever”, Mr. Haig is familiar to horror fans for his work in Rob Zombie’s “House of 1,000 Corpses” and “The Devil’s Rejects”, as well as the classic film “Spider Baby”.
- Doug Bradley – Mr. Bradley is best known as “Pinhead” from the Clive Barker “Hellraiser” film series as well as “Nightbreed”. He adapts, directs and performs in the “Doug Bradley’s Spine Chillers” series of films and audio books.
- Danielle Harris – Ms. Harris is a film and television actress best known for her roles in the “Halloween” film series. She also voiced the character Debbie in the children’s animated series “The Wild Thornberrys”.
- Mink Stole – Actress and singer Mink Stole is best known for her roles in the films of John Waters, including the dark horror comedy “Serial Mom”. She is also lead singer of Mink Stole and Her Wonderful Band.
- Rochelle Davis – Ms. Davis played the young skateboarder Sarah in the film “The Crow”.
- Day of the Dead stars Lori Cardille, Antone DiLeo, John Amplas, Mark Tierno and first time convention appearances by Bill Laczko and local musicians The Granati Brothers, who played zombies in the film
- Dawn of the Dead stars Ken Foree, Mike Christopher and Randy Kovitz
- Returning fan favorites actress Tiffany Shepis (“Tromeo and Juliet”, “Nightmare Man”, “Frankenstein Syndrome”) and Kyra Schon, who played Karen Cooper in “Night of the Living Dead”
The convention features a dealer and guest room, film program, VHS viewing room, guest panels/Q&A sessions and entertainment. Main show hours are 4 PM to 10 PM on Friday; 10 AM to 7 PM on Saturday and 11 AM to 5 PM on Sunday. VHS and film rooms have extended hours.
The popular Horror Cabaret returns on Friday night at 10:30 and the Horror High Monster Prom costume party starts at 10 PM on Saturday featuring The Muzik Machine DJ’s and a cash bar. Both events are open to ages 18 and older with valid ID.
A special tribute to the late actor and director Bill Hinzman, who played the lead ghoul in George Romero’s “Night of the Living Dead” will be held on Sunday. The tribute features photos, videos and remembrances of Hinzman’s fans, friends and costars.
Admission prices are $15 for single day passes on Friday or Saturday, $10 Sunday Super Steeltown ticket or $35 for the weekend. This year a VIP package (limited to 50) will be offered for $75 which includes: admission to all three days of the show, admission to a private meet & greet cocktail party with guest Sid Haig and Doug Bradley, early entry to the dealer room, an exclusive Horror Realm convention t-shirt and a gift bag filled with horror goodies. Tickets may be purchased in advance through Showclix at http://www.showclix.com/event/227704.
Horror Realm is sponsored in part by The Drive-in Horrorshow, Twisted Library, HorrorRealmOnline.com, Butcher Shop Online and Bastards of Horror. For more information on guests, tickets, events and hotel rooms, please visit www.horrorrealmcon.com.
Horror Realm produces Pittsburgh’s modern horror convention and other horror themed events such as film screenings, book signings/discussions, art shows and charity events. Please visit www.horrorrealmcon.com for more information.
# # #
By: Sandy Stuhlfire