FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Local screen printers kick off t-shirt season with a sale, art and local food on Friday, April 6.
PITTSBURGH, PA – March 28 – Celebrate the return of t-shirt season with screen printers The Cotton Factory and TeeRex Syndicate during Unblurred on Friday, April 6. This event is part of the GA/GI Festival, which celebrates eco-technology and the arts. Attendees can add a unique flair to their warmer weather wardrobe with irrationally affordable, hand-printed tees by local designers. New 2012 designs will be available, and all 2011 tees will be $10. Special guests will provide crafts, food and information on a local non-profit organization.
April 6th special guests will include:
- Elizabeth Klevens, a new local glass artist who incorporates recycled materials into her craft. Mosaic pieces including garden sculptures will be on display. ElizabethKlevens.com/
- E2, located in Highland Park, is the first restaurant of chef Kate Romane. Chefs will be on hand with simple yet delectable Mediterranean fare and information about their Kickstarter. www.e2pgh.com/
- Brassero Grill will provide a variety of Mexican tacos and burritos served fresh from their trailer outside the studio. www.facebook.com/brasserogrill
- The Franktuary will stop by with gourmet hot dogs for purchase. franktuary.com/
- Homemade sweets from the Goodie Truck will be for sale beginning at 7:30pm. twitter.com/#!/thegoodietruck
- 10% of sales on April 6 will be donated to the non-profit Hack Pittsburgh.
Hack Pittsburgh is a community-based workshop that allows members to come together and share skills & tools to pursue creative projects. Come learn how you can become involved in the DIY/Maker movement. www.hackpittsburgh.org/
Along with these special guests, The Cotton Factory and TeeRex Syndicate will provide while-you-wait tees, and East End Brewery Beer. $5 will get you a brand new tee with one of the many transfer designs to choose from, pressed right before your eyes.
The Pittsburgh Tote Bag Project is always in need of new or gently used totes. Donations of tote bags, canned foods, hygiene products or pet goodies will be accepted. Anyone who donates will be entered to win a free tee from the shop. tote4pgh.blogspot.com/
About TeeRex Syndicate:
TeeRex hand prints quality apparel with original designs created by a devoted staff of local designers. The TeeRex items found in the storefront are unique, experimental one-offs that can’t be found in their online store, CottonFactory.com. Based in Pittsburgh, PA TeeRex often partners with local groups such as the Penn’s Corner Farm Alliance, Hello Bully, Bike Pittsburgh and more. TeeRex’s studio is located at 5440 Penn Ave.
For more information please contact email@example.com
By: The Cotton Factory