FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pittsburgh, PA – March 8, 2016 –Beyond Spots & Dots is pleased to congratulate agency President, Melanie Querry, for being recognized among the distinguished Pittsburgh honorees of the 11th Annual Women Achievement Awards. In partnership with the Allegheny County District Attorney’s office, awards are presented to 18 women from the local community each year for excellence in their fields, outstanding accomplishments, community contributions and exceptional efforts toward the advancement of women.
The 2016 awards ceremony was held on March 3rd at Pittsburgh’s Omni William Penn Hotel. Hosted by Pittsburgh District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala, Jr. and Mary Zappala, the event celebrates Women’s History Month, with proceeds benefitting local nonprofit, Cribs for Kids®.
Querry said of the distinction, “I am humbled to be included alongside accomplished women in fields ranging from education to medicine. I am pleased to represent Pittsburgh’s advertising and marketing industry as well as the incredible efforts of the entire Beyond Spots & Dots team.”
Other distinguished honorees in the Women of Achievement Awards Class of 2016 include:
- Lori Bechtel-Wherry, Penn State University, Altoona, PA
- Julie Bubanovich, Precision Copy Products, Inc.
- Debra L. Caplan, Allegheny General & West Penn Hospitals, AHN
- The Honorable Gina Cerilli, Westmoreland County Commissioner
- Tracy J. DeCock, The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Olivera J. Finn, PhD, Dept. of Immunology, Univ. of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Dalili Hall, East End Cooperative Ministry
- Carol Israel, Board of Directors, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Lillie Leonardi, Author & Lecturer
- Jacqueline Lever, School of Nursing, Pittsburgh Technical Institute
- Anne Lewis, Oxford Development Company
- Diana Napper, A Glimmer of Hope Foundation
- Michele Palmieri, RN, IBCLC, St. Clair Hospital
- Kelli Priddy, The Priddy Award
- Deborah Rice-Johnson, Highmark Health Plan
- Lisa K. Stauffer, ESQ, PNC Bank
- Lori Zimmer, Allegheny Intermediate Unit
About Beyond Spots & Dots
Established in 2006, Beyond Spots & Dots is a full-service advertising agency in Pittsburgh, PA dedicated to planning, creating and managing advertising and marketing for a variety of clients. Agency services range from print, TV, radio and digital advertising to public relations, web development and SEO. Visit BeyondSpotsAndDots.com to learn how to increase your company’s share of voice.
About the Women of Achievement Awards
The Women of Achievement awards was founded in 2002 by Bonnie DeCarlo and JoAnn Forrester in an effort to recognize the accomplishments of Pittsburgh women. Those who are honored are chosen based on their significant community contributions and commitment to the advancement of women. The annual awards ceremony raises funds for programs that provide aid to both women and children in the region.
About Cribs for Kids®
Cribs for Kids® was founded in 1998 to prevent sleep-related infant deaths due to unsafe sleep environments. The organization educates parents on safe sleep for infants, offers bereavement support to families and provides cribs to low income families. Additionally, the Cribs for Kids® National Infant Safe Sleep Initiative provides free Cribs for Kids® Toolkits to organizations interested in partnering with the program. Cribs for Kids® has over 600 partners in the U.S. implementing safe sleep programs in their communities. Learn more at CribsForKids.org.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Beyond Spots & Dots, journalists and analysts may call 412-281-6215. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed.