Pittsburgh, PA, March 18, 2013 — The popular Pittsburgh-humor blog site, www.YaJagoff.com, which has been voted CBS-Pittsburgh’s Best Blog and Pittsburgh Magazine’s Best Blog in 2012, has reached a new milestone. As of January 2013, the site started its third year and, last week, it hit 5,000 Facebook followers.
With this milestone, John Chamberlin, the site creator, is searching for a new nonprofit partner to benefit from the blog’s t-shirt sales. For the past two years, t-shirts were sold on the website to benefit local breast cancer research.
“Due to the success of the blog, I wanted to give back to the community in some way,” says Chamberlin. “Each year, I want to find a new cause in the region to support.”
Content on the site:
Since its launch in January 2011, the site has been tastefully poking fun at anyone or anything trying to make Pittsburgh/Pittsburghers look bad including:
- Photos and videos of bad local drivers
- Poor parking jobs
- Dumb criminals
- Sports officials/athletes
- Politicians/Community leaders
Submissions, stories and photos for the site come from all over Western Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia as well as from exPat’s all over the country. The site even includes regular submissions from Hawaii and Australia.
The blog site continues to gather followers of all types:
- The Twitter following increases daily and is currently at 4,400+ followers
- The blog gets about 8-12,000+ reads per month
- Recently a regular Wednesday video episode was added to the site, highlighting notable and not-so-notable Pittsburghers and Pittsburgh institutions
See a sample blog post: Punxsutawney Phil and the Weather.
Interviews available with the creator of the blog site.
I am happy to do any interviews. Please contact me at the email or cell phone number above.
Contact for information:
By: Daniel Casciato