Cold Form Blister Packaging Industry Overview
The global cold form blister packaging market size was valued at USD 3.43 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% from 2021 to 2028.
The exceptional features associated with the cold form blister packaging include a complete barrier against water vapor, gases, and light, excellent thermo-formability, high degree of thermal stability, and high malleability for deep drawing blister cavities, sealable with normal aluminum foil, and effective anti-counterfeit packaging. These are the major features driving the demand for cold form blister packaging. Cold form blister packaging is performed on cold forming foil and the usage of the cold-forming technique prevents the use of any kind of heat applications on the packaging. It uses cold-forming foils or sheets of laminate film that contain aluminum, which is typically stamped to force them into the required form by the blister machine. They find major applications in the primary packaging of pharmaceuticals, including tablets and capsules.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Cold Form Blister Packaging market
The U.S. market for cold form blister packaging is dominated by healthcare applications including orally administered capsules and tablets. The high demand for medications in the country is primarily supporting the market growth. According to research published by “7The Commonwealth Fund” in 2017, per capita spending on prescription drugs is much higher in the U.S. than in the other high-income countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and the U.K.
Cold form blister packaging has high potential demand across the healthcare sector around the globe owing to its usage benefits in terms of functionality in pharmaceuticals. The use of aluminum cold forming foil offers a full barrier to moisture, light, and gasses including oxygen, which allows an extended shelf life of the packed item. As a result, the use of aluminum is dominating in cold form blister packaging of pharmaceuticals.
There are some disadvantages associated with cold form blister packaging. It takes more production time compared to thermoforming, opaque packaging complicates the inspection procedure, and the cost of cold forming aluminum film is higher than PVC. These factors consequently increase the material cost with an increase in the size of the blister card. These are the factors projected to restrict the growth of the global market.
In order to overcome the aforementioned factors, major players are advancing their cold form blister packaging offerings to meet the changing demand of the customers. Additionally, the continuous research and development in the packaging foils are projected to support the market growth in the forecast period.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry Research Reports.
- Cosmetic Packaging Market – The global cosmetic packaging market size to be valued at USD 35.9 billion by 2025, expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% during the forecast period. Changing style of packaging, innovative package designs, and increasing demand for cosmetics due to the growing youth population are anticipated to drive the market in the forecast period.
- Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate Market – The global recycled polyethylene terephthalate market size was valued at USD 9.40 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% from 2022 to 2028.
Cold Form Blister Packaging Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global cold form blister packaging market based on material, application, and region:
- Cold Form Blister Packaging Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Cold Form Blister Packaging Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Consumer Products
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Food & Confectionery
- Cold Form Blister Packaging Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global Cold Form Blister Packaging market include
- Amcor Limited (Bemis Company, Inc.)
- Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
- Bilcare Limited
- Winpak Ltd.
- Uflex Ltd.
- ACG Pharmapack Pvt. Ltd.
- Svam Packaging Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Tekni-Plex, Inc.
- Essentra plc
- Ningbo Dragon Packaging Technology Co., Ltd.
- Rollprint Packaging Products, Inc.
- R-Pharm Germany GmbH
- Wasdell Group
- Shanghai Haishun New Pharmaceutical Packaging Ltd.
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
Order a free sample PDF of the Cold Form Blister Packaging Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519