Cheese Powder Industry Overview
The global cheese powder market size was estimated at USD 1.10 billion in 2018. Cheese trade worldwide and the demand from developed markets remained robust; however, cheese demand and prices from developing markets remained weak according to information provided by the U.S. Dairy Export Council. Price drops in recent years, coupled with rising population, booming foodservice sector, and rising disposable income, are anticipated to fuel the demand for the product in developing countries.
Cheese powder manufacturers are focusing on providing personalized flavors in the cheddar cheese powder segment, ranging from sweet and buttery to savory flours. In addition, manufacturers are exploring innovative ingredients to develop new flavor profiles and product offerings.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Cheese Powder Market
Rising consumer focus on nutritional values offered by the product such as low calories and high proteins and vitamins is projected to have a positive impact on the market. However, shift of consumer base towards vegan diet, owing to factors including animal rights and environment protection, is poised to hinder the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Initiatives taken by manufacturers to offer novel flavors, better quality, and attractive packaging are likely to bode well for the market over the forecast period. These products can be fortified with vitamin D, calcium, and DHA, which can improve their nutritional values.
Browse through Grand View Research’s Processed & Frozen Foods Industry Research Reports.
- Mushroom Market: The global mushroom market size was valued at USD 50.3 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.7% from 2022 to 2030.
- Plant-based Meat Market: The global plant-based meat market size was valued at USD 5.06 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.3% from 2022 to 2030.
Market Share Insights
- November 2019: First Choice Ingredients, Germantown launched a toasted cheese line that includes toasted cheddar and toasted parmesan concentrate in powder form.
- April 2017: Fonterra owned New Zealand Milk Products (NZMP) launched a Tasty Cheese Powder made from natural cheese and milk solids that can be used in variety of convenience food applications.
Key Companies profiled:
Some of the prominent players in the global cheese powder market include:
- Land O’Lakes, Inc.,
- Kerry Group PLC,
- Kraft Heinz Company,
- Lactosan A/S,
- Archer Daniels Midland,
- Commercial Creamery Company,
- Kanegrade Limited
- Aarkay Food Products Ltd.
Order a free sample PDF of the Cheese Powder Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.