The Asia Pacific Medical Device Cleaning Market size is anticipated to reach USD 8.12 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 11.2% from 2021 to 2028. The rising adoption of preventive measures to reduce hospital-acquired infections and the introduction of advanced technologies for reprocessing medical devices are the major factors driving the market growth in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
In 2020, COVID-19 had a positive effect on the market growth, resulting in increased shipments of medical device cleaning-related products, and is expected to reach new frontiers in the upcoming months. As more and more people are getting infected, it is likely to create significant demand for critical care equipment, which is leading to the augmented need for medical device cleaning products to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. This is expected to drive the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Moreover, mounting concerns over healthcare-associated infections spread through the environment or person is a major factor contributing to the growth of the APAC market. For instance, as per the WHO Patient Safety fact sheet, in Asian countries, surgical site infection is the leading infection in overall patients affecting around two-third of the operated patients, which is nine times higher than in developed countries.
The introduction of innovative products and the incorporation of new technologies by market players are the factors contributing to the market growth during the forecast period. For instance, in June 2019, Getinge AB announced the global launch of a new Steam Sterilizer GSS610H. This sterilizer has a spacious chamber that enables huge loads and processes a high volume of instruments in a very short time.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Asia Pacific Medical Device Cleaning Market Report
Asia Pacific Medical Device Cleaning Market Report Highlights
- Based on device type, the semi-critical segment held the largest revenue share of 46.26% in 2020. High usage and the need for repeated sterilization are a few factors responsible for segment growth
- Based on technique, the disinfection segment dominated the market with a revenue share of 57.40% in 2020. The introduction of novel and advanced disinfectants is likely to drive the market growth
- Based on EPA classification, the high-level segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of 11.81% during the forecast period
- China dominated the regional market with a revenue share of 22.21% in 2020 owing to the high demand for advanced medical device reprocessing equipment and materials owing to increasing medical tourism
- Some of the key players operating in the market are Steris Plc, Getinge AB, Advanced Sterilization Products, Ruhof Corporation, Sklar Surgical Instruments, Sterigenics International, Biotrol, Metrex Research, Oro Clean Chemie AG, and Cantel Medical Corporation