According MarketsandMarkets Research – The Global Protein Crystallization and Crystallography Market size is projected to reach USD 1.7 billion by 2025 from USD 1.1 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period.
Protein Crystallization & Crystallography Market and Top Technologies :
- X-ray crystallography
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- X-ray crystallography – XRC is a widely used technology for protein analysis and provides data on protein structures at the atomic level, which serves to provide a greater understanding of protein function in terms of their interaction with other molecules, the ability to undergo conformational changes and to perform catalysis in the presence of enzymes. The components used during X-ray crystallographic analysis include protein crystals, X-ray generators, and electronic X-ray detectors.
- NMR Spectroscopy – NMR spectroscopy is a complementary technology to X-ray crystallography, used to determine a protein structure. In contrast to X-ray crystallography, NMR spectroscopy uses proteins in soluble forms.
- Cryo-Electron Microscopy – Cryo-electron microscopy is an emerging technology where protein samples are studied at cryogenic temperatures (the temperature of liquid nitrogen). As these studies are carried out at cryogenic temperatures, they offer various advantages.
Browse 142 market data Tables and 30 Figures spread through 147 Pages and in-depth TOC | Request Research Sample Pages:
Protein Crystallography Market and Top End Users:
- Pharmaceutical Companies – Protein crystallization enables researchers to understand structural biology and the sustained drug delivery process. It helps in understanding the exact 3D structure design and biological function of protein and macromolecules. the pharmaceutical companies segment accounted for the largest share of the protein crystallization and crystallography market in 2019.
- Research & Government Institutes – Research and government institutes are increasingly focusing on strengthening their drug discovery research programs. Owing to the increasing cost, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are collaborating with research institutes to leverage their knowledge and understanding of fundamental principles, especially for drug discovery activities.
North America dominates the protein crystallization market.
The protein crystallization and crystallography market is divided into five major regions, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. In 2019, North America accounted for the largest share of the global market, followed by Europe. The growth in this market can be attributed to the increasing investments in the development of structure-based drug designs, growing academic and government investments in genomics and proteomics research, and the rising demand for high-quality research tools.
Download PDF Brochure:
Key Market Players
The major companies in the protein crystallization and crystallography market are Rigaku Corporation (Japan), Hampton Research (US), Jena Bioscience GmbH (Germany), and Bruker Corporation (US).
Rigaku Corporation (Japan) is the leading player in the global protein crystallization and crystallography market. Due to its wide portfolio of protein crystallization instruments, software, and accessories, the company has a strong presence in the APAC and distribution networks and subsidiaries in Europe and the US. To maintain its leadership position, the company has adopted inorganic strategies such as partnerships with firms such as Merck to develop lab consumables based on the crystalline sponge technology.