Biosurgery Market by Product (Fibrin & Collagen Sealant, Hemostats, Adhesion Barriers, Biological Meshs, Soft Tissue Attachments, Stapler, Bone Graft Substitutes) Application (Orthopedic, Gynecology, Cardiovascular, Reconstructive)
Biosurgery market to grow from USD 11,365.0 million in 2018 to USD 15,581.7 million by 2023, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.5%.
Market Growth Drivers:
1. Rising Geriatric Population
2. Increasing Volume of Surgeries
3. Increasing Prevalence of Severe Trauma Injuries
4. Strong Focus on R&D Leading to the Launch of New and Advanced Products
5. Rising Need for Effective Blood Loss Management in Patients
6. Untapped Emerging Markets
Objective of Study:
1. To define, describe, and segment the global market by product & service, technology, application, end user and region.
2. To provide detailed information about factors influencing market growth (drivers, restraints, and opportunities).
3. To analyze micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the global industry
4. To analyze market opportunities for stakeholders and provide details of the competitive landscape for key players.
5. To forecast the size of the market segments with respect to four major regional segments, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Request Sample Report:
In-Depth Market Segmentation:
The biosurgery market, by product, is segmented into bone-graft substitutes, soft-tissue attachments, surgical sealants and adhesives, hemostatic agents, adhesion barriers, and staple-line reinforcement agents. Among the products segment, the surgical sealants and adhesives segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The total number of surgeries being performed annually is increasing owing to the growing geriatric population, rising prevalence of lifestyle diseases (such as cardiovascular and orthopedic diseases), and growing number of people suffering from lower back pain and sports-related injuries, thereby attributing to high growth of this segment.
On the basis of applications, the biosurgery market is segmented into neurological surgery, cardiovascular surgery, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, thoracic surgery, gynecological surgery, urological surgery, and reconstructive surgery. The orthopedic surgery segment is expected to account for the largest share of the biosurgery market during the forecast period. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the large number of orthopedic bone and soft tissue repair surgeries being performed globally, on an annual basis. The growing number of orthopedic surgeries is in turn expected to support the growth of dependent markets, such as the biosurgery market for orthopedic applications.
Geographic Growth Analysis:
Detailed analysis of market in European countries such as the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and others.
Detailed analysis of industry in Asia Pacific countries such as China, Japan, India, and others.
North America is expected to hold the largest market size in the biosurgery market during the forecast period. The highest market share of North America is due to the presence of a well-developed healthcare system, increasing volume of surgical procedures performed, large number of hospitals, and presence of leading market players in the region. The Asia Pacific market is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Download PDF Brochure:
Baxter International (US), Johnson & Johnson (J&J) (US), Medtronic plc (Ireland), Sanofi (France), C.R. Bard (US), Integra LifeSciences (US), and Maquet holdings (Sweden), lead the global biosurgery market. Some of the other leading players in this market include Cohera Medical (US), Hemostasis LLC. (US), Stryker Corporation (US), B.Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), CSL Limited (Australia), Pfizer Inc. (US), and Cryolife Inc. (US).
Baxter International (US) dominates the global biosurgery market with the largest share in 2017. The company offers wide portfolio in biosurgery market, and further seeks to strengthen its product offerings through product enhancements and by expanding its advanced surgery product portfolio which includes FLOSEAL Hemostatic Matrix and TISSEEL through product acquisitions in April 2017.